- Nature online: Moon Smash Gives Off Flash — Oct. 9, 2009
Early observations show no debris as LCROSS crashed near the lunar south pole as planned. (pdf)
- Nature online: Target Crater Changed for Moon Crash — Sept. 28, 2009
Evidence of ice convinces NASA team to make last-minute switch. (pdf)
- Nature: Water on the Moon? — Sept. 18, 2009
Separate lunar missions indicate evidence of ice and hydrated minerals.
- NASA: Lunar Satellite Begins Moon's South Pole Map — Sept. 17, 2009
LRO completed testing and calibration; entered mapping orbit of the moon. (pdf)
- NASA: GSFC Tech Transfer — Summer 2009
Quarterly magazine of NASA Innovative Partnerhips Program Office
Special Issue on Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter. (pdf)
- Popular Science: LRO High-Speed Data Connection — August 20, 2009
LRO's High-Speed Data Connection Beams 461 Gigabytes Per Day.
- Nature: LRO Snaps Test Pictures — July 9, 2009
On July 2 LRO captured its first high-resolution test images. (pdf)
- NASA Successfully Launches LRO/LCROSS — June 18, 2009
Payload on its way to the moon.
- Nature online: Moon Mission Tackles Water Question — June 10, 2009
NASA orbiter will hunt for water ice that could be used as a resource by future astronauts. (pdf)
- AviationWeek: Lunar Probe NASA Moon Exploration — Mar. 8, 2009
NASA's upcoming robotic mission to the moon will set some basic signposts for human exploration there. (pdf)
- Science News: Milestone for Next Nasa Moon Mission — Jan. 5, 2009
NASA's Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter has successfully completed a major milestone, the thermal vacuum testing. (pdf)
- LRO on YouTube — Nov.9, 2007
Check out the LRO promo video on YouTube.
- Podcast interview — May 11, 2006
Professor Harlan Spence discusses the science and motivation behind the CRaTER project of the NASA-LRO mission in this Stargazer interview on WUML 91.5 Sunrise Radio at UMass Lowell.
- NASA: Radioactive Moon — Sept. 8, 2005
Science@NASA story—a look at the radiation environment on the moon.
- Boston University press release — Jan. 20, 2005
CRaTER becomes part of NASA Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter program.